My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Sunday 16 October 2016

Svärdlång

We had a very nice kayak trip on one of Sweden's most paddled lakes. This is a 15 km long and narrow lake in Dalsland that is not connected to the Dalslands Kanal. In June, July and August this lake is probably the place in Sweden where you see most canoes, open canoes and kayaks. People from all around Europe come to this part of Sweden for canoeing and most of them end up in this lake sooner or later.
I try to avoid Svärdlång during that period and go there either early spring or in the autumn. This time I brought some friends with me who some of them had never paddled in the area. We stayed at a prepared camp site which is mandatory on this lake. Normally in Sweden "Allemansrätten" applies but as there are so many people camping here at summer the land owners like to lessen the impact by concentrating the visitors to certain spots. The camp sites are managed by DANO rangers and there are a fire pit, fire wood and an outhouse. 

October can be very beautiful with all the colors in the nature and that was what we had. Very windy but int this narrow lake with high cliff sides we were not so affected by the wind. And in the night and morning it was completely calm.
Camp fire, evening kayak trip, sleeping outdoors, no rain, good company, good food and a lazy morning with some rays of sunlight. What more can you want?

I was very pleased that I could show my friends this paradise.



A blue lake

Nils & Magnus (son & father)

Frida and my daughter Paula are having breakfast in bed

Breakfast

October colors


Making coffee
Lena

Kayak morning
October morning

Kajsa and Anders

Kajsa


Night paddling 

Very low water on the lake this beautiful morning

Magnus is taking a morning trip

We are all having breakfast
Ghosts around the camp fire

Nils at late evening

Svärdlång

Susanne in the evening

Making waffles


Tea and coffee for breakfast

Sun is coming up also this day



Nils on a morning trip

My daughter Paula in my Nordkapp






No comments:

Post a Comment