My blog about kayaking with an extra focus on Valleys Nordkapp and Anas Acuta kayaks.
Some outdoors life in Sweden and the places around the world I travel to. Reviews on outdoors gear with mostly kayaking stuff..
At the bottom of my blog you can find all my Youtube videos on my playlist "AllSeasonsKayaking"

Saturday 17 October 2015

WFR day 1 and 2

Now two out of three days of refresher course in WFR (Wilderness First Responder) are now done. It has been two great days with old and new friends and lot of training taking care of all kinds of wounds and illnesses out in the wilderness.
The first day started with an written exam that went well, all of us passed which was nice. Then the training started with a lot of scenarios, first the Patience Assessment System (PAS) and taking care of spinal injuries. Then it's been broken bones, sprained ankles, open wounds, puncture wounds, CPR and much more.



Me, with a broken arm.

That will teach me not to play with knives!

Patient on spine board

That hurts!

Beam me up, Scotty!

Lena Conlan lecturing outdoors

CPR and AED

No comments:

Post a Comment